|King Pig Smooth Cheeks|
|Species||Pig (Sus scrofa domesticus)|
|Locations||The Pig Palace in Pig City, Piggy Island|
|Abilities & Strengths|
|Abilities||None (Balloons in Angry Birds Go!)|
(Piloting Spaceships in Angry Birds Space)
|First appearance||Angry Birds, Poached Eggs 3-21|
|Latest appearance||Angry Birds on the Run, Flock Face Off – Part 2|
|Voiced by||Antti Pääkkönen (2012-Present)|
Baker Terry (Angry Birds on the Run)
King Pig Smooth Cheeks (or simply King Pig) is the main antagonist of the Angry Birds series. He is the current king of Pig City and serves as the leader of the Bad Piggies. He is passionate about eating three unhatched eggs that belong to a flock of flightless birds, so he continually orders his subjects to try and steal these eggs for him. Unlike the great Piggy Kings of the past, King Pig has never eaten a single egg in his life. Most pigs think he does eat eggs since he is already very portly. King Pig is terrified that if the other piggies found out he never ate any eggs, they will force him off the throne. King Pig has succeeded in stealing the eggs most times, but he is always caught by the birds, leading to him and his subjects to get popped, though Angry Birds: Slingshot Stories shows that this does not give them any harm. King Pig is the son of former king Leonard Mudbeard, who ruled long before the events of Angry Birds.
King Pig seems to be young in mind, having to sleep with the assistance of hearing storytelling, and crying a lot. He once had a brief relationship and marriage with a cabbage and accidentally went insane, but he ended up eating it.
Smooth Cheeks was born to King Leonard Mudbeard. His father invaded Bird Island and stole the eggs while exploding the Bird Village with the pigs but was defeated in the fight the pigs had with the pigs. Smooth Cheeks took care of Pig City as a king after his father ruled it, he tries to eat the eggs but the birds always get them back. The fact that he can't accept defeat, only thinks about eating, is not smart and cries a lot is probably because his father spoiled him instead of teaching him how to live.
King Pig is very greedy; he will his deserts down to the plate. He is often selfish and thinks only for himself, not caring about the Minion Pigs he is supposedly sacrificing. He is narcissistic, thinking he is the only pig that matters, even though other pigs do most of the work when it comes to his plans. His biggest dream is to eat the eggs, the food that is not a dessert, in order to fully make the elder pigs proud and his hunger satisfied. He is also childish, crying a lot and not accepting losing. The Angry Birds Stella Super Interactive Annual 2015 mentions that he exiles Minion Pigs to Golden Island, likely for petty reasons like them smiling on a bad day of his.
In The Butler Did It!, it is shown that his brain is small and that he can't think right, saying to Corporal Pig that he was the one that "killed" a pig and was arrested. He cries for simple things as he once lost a teddy bear and the police had to be called to take it from Terence, that only gave the teddy bear back by giving him a movie plush toy of himself, as seen in Toy Hoggers.
The pigs only obey him because of the crown. In Where's my Crown?, he lost his crown and was treated as a regular minion pig and not as a ruler. Eventually, when a pile of garbage containing the royal crown was dumped on him, Corporal Pig and the Apple Vendor Pig (who denied service to him) were shocked, and used as the wheels of the vendor's cart, while eating all the candy apples.
In Love is in the Air, the pigs threw a cabbage accidentally on his head, he briefly hallucinated and due to this - fell in love with the cabbage (thinking it was a Queen Pig). He then started eating feasts with it (with his servants mocking him) - eventually leading up to a proposal on a gondola - much to the joy of the king's servants, one even crying. Eventually, he and the cabbage married at the castle by Chronicler Pig. A wedding feast was held, with Corporal Pig ruining it - returning him to sanity; with a cork hitting the king. Sane, he noticed the cabbage and ate it, and mourning was held for the queen consort. He then fell in love with Corporal Pig, with his hallucinations depicting him as an opera singer.
- The King Pig is as hard as a large stone block. Use either Terence, Bubbles' ability, Egg Bombs, or Bomb so they can pop him.
- If possible, make stone collapse on him. It can weaken him, and if hit multiple times, he will be defeated.
The King Pig has used grand schemes to steal the eggs in each episode:
Poached Eggs King Pig stole the eggs for the first time. He started cooking them but was defeated by the Angry Birds at the end.
Mighty Hoax King Pig once again stole the eggs, but rather than simply fleeing, he placed cardboard cutout eggs in the birds' nest. The birds weren't fooled by this trick, and once again released their vengeance on the pigs for stealing the eggs the second time. There was also a cardboard cutout King Pig used to distract the birds. however, King Pig was behind. In the end, the birds didn't defeat him. Instead, they just destroyed the cardboard cutouts. The birds finally found out about the trick and the real King escaped.
Danger Above After the birds defeated his Cardboard Cutout, It was revealed that he and his minions stole the eggs and flew away on a raft to jungles, cities, and the clouds. The eggs were in a bucket hung below the raft. The birds followed the pigs to the jungle. While trying to battle the pigs, the birds free Hal, The Boomerang Bird, who was captured by the pigs. The birds rescue him and he helps the birds defeat King Pig, retrieve the eggs, and destroy the Small pig's fortress. In the end, King Pig was injured again and hung upside down by the birds.
The Big Setup King Pig and his minions kidnapped the entire flock to prevent the birds from defeating them and stole the eggs. Terence, the Big Brother Bird wanted to exact revenge on the pigs for kidnapping the other birds. In the meantime, the pigs attempted to reconstruct their forts. Quite anxious, Terence went to destroy the fortresses. He then sees Hal kidnapped again and frees him. Together, they freed the Flock. In the end, Terence and Hal captured King Pig in a cage. Terence was given membership into the flock.
Ham 'Em High Once King Pig was freed, he, the Foreman Pig, and a Small Pig use a lasso to drag the eggs from the nest to them, trying not to get too close. This brings both the Birds and the Pigs to the Wild West, where the pigs are wearing cowboy hats and fedoras. The King Pig, on the other hand, is wearing a big sombrero. In the end, the birds rip King Pig's sombrero over his head.
King Pig and the other pigs try digging underground. The pigs, wearing mining hats and carrying pickaxes, dig a hole near the birds' nest and swipe the eggs from there. They escape through a giant cave, but the birds quickly follow. In the end, the birds shoved King Pig into his mining helmet.
Birdday Party The Birds notice that their eggs are gone and pieces of cake are too. The Orange Bird is worried. The Pigs stole the eggs, along with the missing pieces of cake and a candle. They are covered in frosting. The Birds do not defeat King Pig in the last level because he was not there; however, King Pig was defeated by the birds in the end, covered in frosting. In the new update for this episode, the Moustache Pig takes the King's place when level 18-15 is beaten. He is then defeated in level 19-15.
Surf and Turf King Pig orders his minion pigs to steal the eggs with balloons on the beach, while he and the Foreman Pig watch. In the end, the Birds defeat King Pig yet again.
Angry Birds Space
Pig Bang The King appears in the final level, with a tank which shoots vegetables and rocks in bubbles. Pop the bubbles containing the rocks. You can also hit him with Fire Bomb Bird. In the end, after destroying the tank, he appears to be defeated, but he pushes a button, revealing a UFO. He escapes to Cold Cuts and the birds pursue him to the next planet.
Cold Cuts The King Pig now uses his UFO (with mechanical claws) to move on the screen. To kill him, you need to blast the TNT, hit the ice, or the rocks. If you do these methods (or one or two of them), you defeat him. In the cutscene, he appears beaten and battered in his destroyed UFO. He returns in Pig Dipper.
Pig Dipper King Pig is shown again, this time in a submarine, which carries the Eggsteroid on the back. You can hit him with Fire Bomb or Terence, use the Lazer Bird to pull the Chains with Anchors, or hit the rocks or TNT. In the end, he's shown beaten again and does not try to retreat.
Angry Birds Seasons
Trick or Treat King Pig orders his Large Pig to scare the birds with a ghost and steal the eggs. He is defeated in the end.
Angry Birds Star Wars
King Pig appears as Emperor Palpatine, where he appears to have a faded green color, a taller crown, and a black robe.
Emperor Palpatine first appeared as an enemy in the Facebook version of Angry Birds Star Wars, in levels 1 and 3 of the weekly tournament from April 8 through April 14, as a blue, holographic image of Emperor Palpatine generated by a base projector. He'll be laughing as you start to face his hologram on a certain tournament level. Hitting the Hologram or activating an ability on the hologram may scare him, but unfortunately, doing these attacks won't do any damage. So you have to destroy the hologram's weak point: the base projector that generates Palpatine's blue, holographic image. Succeeding in destroying Palpatine's Hologram will grant you 3000 points.
Angry Birds Star Wars II
Like the first Star Wars game, King Pig resembles Emperor Palpatine. He can send out a ray of electricity to break objects and birds. He first appears in the second episode.
Angry Birds Epic
King Pig appears to be the final boss of Angry Birds Epic. His attacks are Burp, which does really low damage but blocks the Rage ability of the target and Weeping Cry, which he charges for two turns and cries. This attack has no effect. After the player defeats King Pig, Wizpig, and Prince Porky, Wizpig will steal the crown and the last egg.
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Chrome
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Angry Birds Rio (as a balloon)
- Angry Birds Space
- Angry Birds Star Wars (as Emperor Palpatine)
- Angry Birds Star Wars Facebook (as Emperor Palpatine hologram)
- Angry Birds Star Wars II (as Emperor Palpatine)
- Angry Birds Go!
- Angry Birds Friends
- Bad Piggies
- Angry Birds Epic
- Angry Birds Fight
- Angry Birds 2
- Angry Birds Transformers (As Bludgeon, Brawl, Ultimate Megatron, Dark Megatron & Shockwave)
- Angry Birds POP!
King Pig Toy
There's a King Pig toy that is like a tablet pen that works with the iPad and Nook Tablet version of Angry Birds and Angry Birds Free. It uses the King Pig level. It is part of the Apptivity collection. It sort of works like Telepods, except it does not have a QR code on the bottom and it is not scanned on a camera lens.
- The Angry Birds Seasons episode Go Green, Get Lucky is the first episode that uses the Google Chrome Designs of the Bad Piggies in cut-scenes, including King Pig.
- In Angry Birds Space, King Pig now supports the idea of Boss Battles which is similar to the same setup in Angry Birds Rio where Mauro, the leader of the Marmosets appears on level 8-15 and 14-15 as a boss battle and Nigel, appears on level 4-15 and 12-15. The three major boss battles in which King Pig stars in so far until more updates in Angry Birds Space appear is on level 1-30 as a UFO tank, as a UFO Spaceship on level 2-30, and in a submarine in level 6-30, whereas in other Angry Birds Games he is located in a Castle-Like Fortress along with the other Bad Piggies that surround his Fortress.
- As there is only one King Pig in the entire game, it's the most rare variety of pigs seen, and when it does appear, no more than one King Pig will ever appear in the same stage together. The only exception is Golden Egg Level 13 and Eggsteroid level 7 which features four King Pigs. The King Pigs in the golden egg level are probably imposters or cardboard cutouts.
- For some reason, the cardboard King Pig can move, and do things such as laugh, smile, and blink. However, the King Pig may have designed it like that to heighten the illusion that it was real. It's also possible that the King Pig placed the cardboard cutout and escaped just before his defeat.
- Before the Chrome version, when he is nearly defeated, the King Pig seems to look angered.
- In 4 Angry Birds board games, Knock on Wood, On Thin Ice, Catapult Deluxe Set, and Spring Is In The Air, the King Pig's crown is removed and replaced by one of his ears.
- In Mine and Dine, he appears in the final level of each world. In Mighty Hoax, if his cardboard cutout is considered real, he appears in the final level for both worlds.
- After the Birdday Party update, although the new Mighty Hoax cut-scene has the Google Chrome designs, the Cardboard cut-out is still the original design.
- King Pig does not appear in Angry Birds Space after the planet Cold Cuts, until Pig Dipper, which he appears in the boss fight.
- In animations like Ham 'O' Ween, Year of the Dragon, Angry Birds Friends trailers, and the cutscenes in Angry Birds Trilogy, the King Pig is round and wheres a longer crown than his crown in the game. He wears a slightly different and shorter crown in Year of the Dragon. But in the Angry Birds Join Freddie for a Day animation, the Bad Piggies Trailer, and Angry Birds Toons, the King Pig's body was slightly altered in shape, looking a little bit like the Mustache Pig. He also gets a very different mouth. He also has spots on his head and his tail is nearly visible in front view in Angry Birds Toons in certain episodes like "Trojan Egg".
- In Where's My Crown?, the other Bad Piggies seem to be unable to identify him as the King Pig when he lost his crown, despite his unusual shape, although it could likely be due to their stupidity.
- In some of the Angry Birds ending cutscenes, his crown falls off, excluding Danger Above and The Big Setup in Angry Birds, and Pig Bang and Pig Dipper in Angry Birds Space ending cutscenes. But in in the game, it doesn't despite hitting him with the bird.
- In the boss level of Cold Cuts, if you get the Ice Bird close enough to his UFO, he will freeze.
- In Angry Birds Toons, King Pig is sort of a cry baby. He also is heard crying in an Angry Birds Go! cutscene when you recruit him and when you lose a level having King Pig as your racer.
- In the comic, The Bidding War, King Pig's birthday supposedly takes place. The comic was released on September 12; but then King Pig claims his birthday is next week, meaning King Pig's birthdate is September 19.
- Besides Prince Porky and Wiz Pig, he is the only boss inside a castle in Angry Birds Epic.
- To keep his secret that he has never eaten any eggs, King Pig regularly arranges egg-eating ceremonies. He makes fake eggs using a mixture of grass, chalk, and mud as he has no eggs in his royal treasure chamber.
- King Pig once had a wife (a cabbage) when he was briefly hallucinating after being struck by it, thinking it was a Queen Pig.