|This article uses information from the Angry Birds Wiki.|
As a result, some information may be copy-pasted over.
|This article is about a subject that's Canon to the Angry Birds Franchise by Rovio.|
Please do not add fanon or fake information to the article. Make sure to look at the original source.
|Abilities||Trapping objects in bubbles, then lifting them up and dropping them.|
|First Appearance||Birdday Party 19-1|
|Species||Galah (Eolophus roseicapilla)|
|Locations||Various levels after Birdday Party.|
Stella is a character in the Angry Birds series of games created by Rovio Entertainment. She was introduced in 2012 as a new character in the Back to School portion of Angry Birds Seasons. After her first appearance, she has been widely spread to numerous Angry Birds titles, becoming a well known and a beloved character, even spawning her own series. (Angry Birds Stella and Angry Birds POP!, previously)
Stella's Former Description in the Official Angry Birds Website:
Stella's the star of the show and the bird all the others look up to. She may look cute and cuddly, but don't be fooled - if you push her too far, she'll soon reveal her blazing-hot temper! that's just how she rolls, sweet on the outside and fierce on the inside.
She's a keen adventurer and is always on the lookout for fun, which means she can get bored and grumpy if there's nothing to do. She's also extremely ambitious, and loves taking on tough challenges - but this means that she bites off more than she can chew...
She's an amazing parkour athlete - cheetah fast and awesomely acrobatic.
Stella's Former Description in the Stella Super Interactive Annual Book:
Stella's the leader of the flock. She looks cute and cuddly, but don't be fooled - push her too far and you'll see the feathers fly!
Stella is very loyal to her friends and she's always looking out for them. She doesn't like bullies though, and she has a blazing hot temper that they'd do well to avoid.
Stella loves doing new things and so she always tries to cram as much fun into her days as she can!
Stella's so ambitious that she sometimes takes on too much, but she figures if you don't try something you'll never know if you like it!
Stella is fast as the wind and she's perfected the art of blowing bubbles that she uses to keep herself and her special friends safe.
LOVES: Singing, Exploring
FAVOURITE MODES OF TRANSPORT: Skateboard, Parkour (running and jumping across everyday objects as if you're in the gym!)
FAB FACT: STELLA IS THE ITALIAN WORD FOR STAR!
Stella was first introduced in the Back to School animation of Angry Birds Seasons, and was shown to be a very young, playful character. She started out as a very childish, but cunning character, being able to fool away the pigs as they plot to steal the eggs from the birds yet again.
However, once she was re-introduced in the Angry Birds Stella game, she was shown to be significantly more mature and older, with a much deeper toned voice. She is shown to be a very versatile being, enjoying a wide variety of hobbies. (Singing, parkour, skateboarding, rock climbing, handgliding, etc.) The "bubble" aspect of her character is completely removed in the games.
After Stella's first introduction in Angry Birds Seasons, she was quickly added into the original Angry Birds game in the Birdday Party theme; being introduced in level 19-1. She then will be a playable character in the themes that follow on.
Her and Bubbles are the only two characters whose designs were not changed, as both characters had appeared once all the characters had been reverted to their "Chrome" designs.
Gameplay with Stella can be extremely challenging at times. This is mostly due to the fact that her ability is extremely unreliable, along with the fact that she herself is not able to do much damage. If you attempt to knock over heavy structures, she will only be able to lift blocks that aren't being weighed down by others. If you are in a zone with TNT, other explosives, or many freed, open objects, then Stella may be able to do some significant damage by chance.
On her own, Stella will not be able to do much damage. She will only be able to shatter a single glass block, do slight damage to wood, and will merely bounce off stone blocks. (making her physically the weakest bird in Red's entire flock) Stella is most useful when she is surrounded by bricks that aren't covered up, so the best way to take advantage of her ability is to shoot her in between structures, and then release her ability the minute she falls in between the blocks.
- In the trailer, Stella is shown to use a bubble wand to produce the bubbles, however, this wand is nowhere in the game itself.
- In the Angry Birds: Hatching a Universe book, it is revealed Stella went through many changes in development, she was once considered having a blue color. She also resembled many anime characters and the Powerpuff Girls, as said in the book.
- Stella's plush also reveals she once was a much more temperate shade of pink, while currently, she is a light shade of pink.
- Stella is the first bird to be confirmed female at her release. Although Matilda is female, she was never actually confirmed to be when the game was released.
- Stella has the most sprite changes/costumes. Her prototype plush shows a rather different sprite. Her sprite in Angry Birds Seasons was different from the prototype. Afterward, in her release in Angry Birds Classic she had a few minor adjustments. In Angry Birds Rio, her sprite was exclusively changed just for the "Rio 2" segment. In Angry Birds Stella, her sprite was changed to a much more cartoonish look. In Stella Toons her sprite is different from her actual Angry Birds Animation style. Lastly, there are more than 9 different designs for her in the Angry Birds: Hatching a Universe book.
- Stella is the first Angry Bird to sport an actual eye color other than black (light blue).
- Stella, along with Matilda and Hal, are the only three birds that don't have a Space counterpart.
- The name "Stella" means "star" in Latin. The "star" translation was revealed in the Angry Birds Stella Interactive Annual 2015.
- She is one of the only bird to have a consistent soundtrack. It can be heard through the beginning of the episode The Storm, A Fork In A Friendship and Pop The Top in Angry Birds POP!. Another version of her soundtrack can be heard here.